header photo


Adventure,Tours, Events & Others

All missing trekkers safe, airlifted by IAF chopper

Dehradun: Two days after three trekkers and four porters went missing on the Pandav Sera trek route in Rudraprayag, an Indian Air Force (IAF) chopper airlifted them to safety early on Monday morning.
According to Rudraprayag district disaster management authorities, all the three trekkers were taken to Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) hospital in Gauchar (Chamoli) where they underwent a medical examination before being discharged.
Nandan Singh Rajwar, disaster management officer of Rudraprayag, told  over phone that the IAF chopper had flown for the spot at 5:30 am after the weather cleared.
"After tracing the missing trekkers, the chopper airlifted them at 6:45 am. The porters were not airlifted as they told the IAF officers that they are fine and would come down on foot with their luggage," said Rajwar. He added that all three trekkers-46-year-old Ghaziabad resident Srinivas, 42-year-old Delhi resident Ajay Singh and 24-year-old Delhi resident Ajay Negi- were found to be suffering from dehydration during the medical examination. "Among them, Srinivas had also suffered frostbite on his foot. Their blood pressure and blood sugar level were also found to be below normal. The doctors said that they would have probably died if they hadn't been airlifted today (Monday). After primary treatment, they were discharged from the hospital," said Rajwar.  had earlier reported that the three trekkers, who had come from Delhi where they work for a private news channel, had started the trekking with six local porters from Rasi village in Ukhimath town of Rudraprayag district for Pandav Sera on May 21.
They had rreached Madhmaheswar on May 23 from where they ascended towards Pandav Sera which is at a height of about 4,000 metres. On their way up, they got stuck due to heavy snowfall on May 28 and sent an SOS message to the local authorities for help.
On May 29, a high-altitude team of the state disaster response force (SDRF) left to search them but returned without any success due to heavy snow. An IAF chopper was then arranged for the rescue operation.

Go Back


This Website is Secured

Inquiry Form

PayPal Acceptance Mark

Pay Online to G N G GROUP